6th June 2020
1pm until Midnight
Oakfest is a Music and Beer Festival held annually on the playing field of the Oakley CofE Combined School, HP18 9QY. It is a fabulous day catering for all the family. The festival features 14 local artists, ranging from solo acoustic acts to bands, performing a wide range of musical styles from country to rock, pop to folk. While the music goes on there are loads of other activities throughout the afternoon to keep the family busy, with face painting, crafts, bouncy slide and sporting activities.
Food and Drink
There is a full bar service with a good range of local ales and ciders, a complement of wines and a comprehensive spread of spirits. We also have a great range of food to please everyone, from cakes to burgers and pulled pork. All delicious local fare. Sweets and ice creams will also be on sale.
The site runs on a voucher basis whereby visitors buy £1 and 50p vouchers to exchange at the bar, tea tent, barbecue and other stalls. Please be aware that we cannot accept card payments or cheques so please visit an ATM before you arrive.
All ‘glasses’, plates and cutlery used at OakFest are biodegradable.
Access and Parking
The festival is accessed by pedestrians from Worminghall Road. Local taxi companies are available to ferry anyone who may have sampled one too many of the beers! There is limited parking at Oakley Village Hall. Please park responsibly.
Unfortunately as the event is held on school property no dogs, other than assistance dogs are permitted.
Oakfest will be signed for the deaf by Hand Talking
Helping and Volunteering
Oakfest is a charity event run to fundraise for the upkeep and improvement of Oakley CofE Combined School and is staffed completely by volunteers. Most of these are staff and parents from the school but there are also those local folk who very kindly offer their time and expertise, for which we are extremely grateful. If you are interested in volunteering either this year, or in the future, please do not hesitate to email us to register at firstname.lastname@example.org
Since 2014 Oakfest has grown tremendously and is now in its 7th year and, to date, has raised almost £45,000 which has benefitted the pupils of the School, Oakley Pre-School and St Mary’s Church. We are hoping for a phenomenal festival this year that totally surpasses all expectations both with sponsorship and attendance.
We try very hard to ensure that the whole family is catered for, however, if you have any creative and constructive suggestions please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com
So get involved and enjoy the biggest event ever to happen in Oakley!
Oakley CofE Combined School
Oakfest – Admission Policy
Advance tickets will be available from:
- Tickets prices are Adult £10, OAP (65 and over) £5, child aged 3-17 £5. All attendees will be issued with a wristband which must be worn at all times. Under 3s are free and do not require a wristband.
- There is no automatic right of readmission during the event should the wristband become damaged or is lost.
- No under 18s may purchase a ticket or attend unless they are accompanied by an adult.
- Tickets are non-refundable and not transferable. Refunds will only be available if the event is cancelled or entirely rescheduled. The performers and advertised attractions are subject to change.
- Holders of tickets purchased online via ParentPay or Yapsody must bring proof of purchase to the main gate where they will be issued with a wristband.
- Vouchers are on sale in denominations of £1 and 50p and are exchangeable at all purchasing points. Vouchers are non refundable. Cash will be accepted at the bar after 9.00pm.
- The organisers reserve the right to refuse admission to the event. Random body and/or bag searches may be carried out. It is a condition of entry to the event that you will submit to any reasonable search request.
- No smoking is permitted on school grounds. Sand bins are provided outside the main entrance gate.
- Illegal substances are strictly prohibited at the event. Any person in possession of such substances will be denied entry and/or removed from the event, and the police will be called to attend.
- Only alcoholic beverages purchased at the event are allowed to be consumed. No alcohol is to be brought onto the site. In the event that alcohol not purchased on site is found it will be confiscated.
- Purchasing alcohol for under 18s is illegal. Disregard of this will result in confiscation of the alcoholic beverage and possible ejection from the site.
- The organisers reserve the right to refuse admission if you are considered to be under the influence of intoxicating liquor.
- The organisers cannot accept liability for any damages, loss or injuries sustained at the event, including loss or damage to property, howsoever caused.
- Cars are parked at the owner’s own risk.
- Parental supervision is required whilst using the bouncy slide and during the Rugby Tots, Premier Sports, Jungle Body and Street Dance sessions.
- No dogs are allowed (except assistant dogs).
- No barbecues or glass allowed on site.
- No gazebos allowed unless on a pre-purchased plot in the designated places.
OakFest’20 Committee/School Governors