9th June 2018
12:45pm until Midnight
Oakfest is a Music and Beer Festival held annually on the playing field of the Oakley CofE Combined School, HP18 9QY. It is a fabulous day catering for all the family. The festival features 13 local artists, ranging from solo acoustic acts to bands, performing a wide range of musical styles from country to rock, pop to folk. While the music goes on there are loads of other activities throughout the afternoon to keep the family busy, with face painting, crafts, bouncy slide and sporting activities.
Food and Drink
There is a full bar service with a good range of local ales and ciders, a complement of wines and a comprehensive spread of spirits. We also have a great range of food to please everyone, from cakes to burgers and pulled pork. All delicious local fare. Sweets and ice creams will also be on sale.
The site runs on a voucher basis whereby visitors buy £1 and 50p vouchers to exchange at the bar, tea tent, barbecue and other stalls. Please be aware that we cannot accept card payments or cheques so please visit an ATM before you arrive.
Access and Parking
The festival is accessed by pedestrians from Worminghall Road. There is parking available at the village recreational ground accessed via Lynnens View off Oxford Road, HP18 9LQ which will be clearly signposted as you enter the village. Cars can be left overnight if necessary but parking is at the owner’s risk at all times. Additionally, there is a local taxi company available to ferry anyone who may have sampled one too many of the beers!
Unfortunately as the event is held on school property no dogs, other than assistance dogs are permitted.
Helping and Volunteering
Oakfest is a charity event run to fundraise for the upkeep and improvement of Oakley CofE Combined School and is staffed completely by volunteers. Most of these are staff and parents from the school but there are also those local folk who very kindly offer their time and expertise, for which we are extremely grateful. If you are interested in volunteering either this year, or in the future, please do not hesitate to email us to register at firstname.lastname@example.org
Since 2014 Oakfest has grown tremendously and is now in its 5th year. We are hoping for a phenomenal festival this year that totally surpasses all expectations both with sponsorship and attendance.
We try very hard to ensure that the whole family is catered for, however, if you have any creative and constructive suggestions please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com
So get involved and enjoy the biggest event ever to happen in Oakley!
Oakley CofE Combined School
Oakfest – Admission Policy
Advance tickets are available from:
Vintage and Modern Guitars, Thame
The Eight Bells, Long Crendon
Oakley CofE Combined School
On line via the website www.cuatoakfest.co.uk
On line via ParentPay for Oakley School families
- Tickets on the day of the event will be charged at Adult £10, OAP (65 and over) £5, child aged 3-17 £5. All attendees will be issued with a wristband which must be worn at all times. Under 3s are free and do not require a wristband.
- There is no automatic right of readmission during the event should the wristband become damaged or is lost.
- No under 18s may purchase a ticket or attend unless they are accompanied by an adult.
- Tickets are non-refundable and not transferable. Refunds will only be available if the event is cancelled or entirely rescheduled. The performers and advertised attractions are subject to change.
- Holders of tickets purchased online or via ParentPay must bring proof of purchase to the main gate where they will be issued with a wristband.
- Vouchers are on sale in denominations of £1 and 50p and are exchangeable at all purchasing points. Vouchers are non refundable. Cash will be accepted at the bar after 9.00pm.
- The organisers reserve the right to refuse admission to the event. Random body and/or bag searches may be carried out. It is a condition of entry to the event that you will submit to any reasonable search request.
- The school grounds are owned by Buckinghamshire County Council and are therefore a no smoking site. Festival goers are asked to kindly smoke outside the front gate where cigarette butt buckets are provided.
- Illegal substances are strictly prohibited at the event. Any person in possession of such substances will be denied entry and/or removed from the event, and the police will be called to attend.
- Only alcoholic beverages purchased at the event are allowed to be consumed. No alcohol is to be brought onto the site. In the event that alcohol not purchased on site is found it will be confiscated.
- Purchasing alcohol for under 18s is illegal. Disregard of this will result in confiscation of the alcoholic beverage and possible ejection from the site.
- The organisers reserve the right to refuse admission if you are considered to be under the influence of intoxicating liquor.
- The organisers cannot accept liability for any damages, loss or injuries sustained at the event, including loss or damage to property, howsoever caused.
- Cars are parked on the Oakley recreation ground at the owner’s own risk. Cars can be left overnight, again at the owner’s own risk, but must be collected by 12noon on Sunday 10th June 2018.
- Parental supervision is required whilst using the bouncy castle and slide and during the Rugby Tots sessions.
- No dogs are allowed (except assistant dogs).
- No barbecues or glass allowed on site.
- No gazebos allowed unless pre-purchased in the designated places.
OakFest’18 Committee/School Governors